Which favors or reduces the risk of sudden death
Tras leer los comentarios del post ayer he decidido retomar hoy el mismo tema para mostrar un listado con los factores quereducen el riesgo de muerte súbita.
And after this hpy post I'll let the subject rest, that I Don't want to seem obsessed (that I'm not) or obsess anyone.
In the Spanish Association of Pediatrics of primary Care, they have an interesting article about sudden infant death in which they provide enough statistical data. I'll give you some fragments.
To reduce risks:
1. Put the baby to sleep upside down. Sleeping side is safer than doing it upside down, but not as much as sleeping upside down.
2. Do not smoke during pregnancy or after childbirth.
3. Do not cover the child with bedding. At best he should be covered up to his armpits. If you sleep in a crib, you should be placed with your feet attached to the lower part so that you cannot slide under the bedding.
4. Use a firm mattress and avoid cushions and pillows.
5. Use pacifier. Here are instructions on how to use it safely.
6. Avoid excess heat or cold.
7. The cabbage in its different forms. The breathing rate of an adult nearby seems to help.
8. Although it is not so accepted that breastfeeding reduces the incidence of sudden death, it is indisputably beneficial to the health status of the baby.
There is much more information on the Sids Argentina page.
I'm staying to finish with the phrase that the great pediatrician who treated and discharged the girl from the hospital told me, and that was left on fire:
Tags: Subita death _ stored in: baby stuff, Maternity